Friday, August 6, 2010

"Jesus" T-shirt

I'm trying to have more of a Christian presence by wearing T-shirts when I can that mention Jesus. I'm also always wearing a cross now.  That way I can be a witness even when I'm not talking; and I do think that it's also encouraging to other Christians (I know it is to me) to see Christ lifted up in public.

So, I had on my "Property of Jesus" Tee, when I took the dogs to the park this afternoon.  A girl near the entrance said, "I like your shirt!".  Since she was obviously a believer, I asked where she went to church. She said she had just moved down here a couple months ago from Spokane after graduating college, and hadn't started looking for a church yet.

Then she said: "I've been thinking about a church called 'Crossroads'.  Have you ever heard of it?"  Since I've gone there for 20 years, I was able to tell her about it & encourage her to go & check it out.  She said she would definately make it a point to go this coming Sunday.   I think it was a "divine appointment".   I think it was God's way of leading one of His kids back into a church environment.

But the catalyst that led to that interaction was the "Jesus" T-shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment